Tuesday 20 May 2014

Color Challenge: Blue and Orange minimalistic

Here's another set for the Color Challenge: Blue and Orange contest. The first time I've found enough inspiration in me to make two brand new sets for the same contest. It really represents my favorite style - minimalistic with a couple of bright spots within otherwise monochromatic scheme. As the contest theme suggests I needed to showcase how blue and orange work together in an interior, so I've started with finding a blue and orange chairs. I loved the flower from provided items from the first sight so it went into the set right away as well. Now I needed for that vase to stand on something, finding a table that felt good for me here took leafing through all of the pages with tables down to very last one (there are 125 of them as I've just checked:). I've tried about five and ironically kept the one added first from page 28. Well I did need to ensure this is the best for this room. The screen came from the search by "room" as I was looking for a room as a background, tried a few, but none looked natural enough for the set. Accidentally there were some screens in the selection and I liked the one with black and white Brooking bridge print, also tried a couple with Paris print ones and although they are all amazing they seemed a bit too heavy for the set so I've opted for a light, graphical black and white screen. It just looked at home here. Then a little scan for a rug - this one is probably just a little dramatic, but I love the zebra print and, hey why not be bold here. Butterfly frames is a nice accent to balance the screen. And finished off with a little more bright orange vases set.Color Challenge: Blue and Orange


No comments:

Post a Comment